At an event held in New Delhi earlier today, Gayatri was declared as the National Winner of the Doodle for Google contest!
According to Google India, the fifth edition of the D4G design competition received 150,000 entries from more than 1,500 schools across 100 cities. The theme for this year’s contest was ‘Celebrating Indian Women’.
The home page of Google India (www.google.co.in) will feature Gayatri’s winning Doodle on 14 November (Children’s Day).
For all those who voted for Gayatri, a big thanks, without which she couldn’t have achieved this feat.
Updates from 13-Nov-2013:
This event has received wide coverage in print, TV and online media. A partial list of articles is given below:
- Doodle 4 Google India 2013 – Celebrating Indian Women, National Winner, Official Doodle 4 Google website (Click here to download PDF)
- Finale: This year on Children’s Day we are ‘Celebrating Indian Women’ through a doodle by the creative young doodler…, Official Google Blog
- Pune girl wins Google’s doodle contest, Times of India
- Pune girl’s doodle design wins Google contest, The Indian Express
- Pune teenager wins Google doodle contest, MIDDAY
- Pune girl wins ‘Doodle4Google’ contest, The Financial Express
- The Social Network (from 19:00 minute), NDTV 247 News